“Discovering New Talents World” The Business Courier. London
Dates: 28 February - 1 March 2020
- MUSIC Singing (classical, contemporary, musical theatre). Soloists and choirs.
Instrumental playing (solo and ensemble).
- DANCE Ballet, modern, historical dance, street-dance.
- VISUAL ARTS Performance in Fine Art, photography, short documentary films.
Age category: Children from 6 y.o. & adults, no age limit.
Applications deadline: 10 December 2019 (international contestants)
20 January 2020 (national contestants)
“Stars of the Albion” international performing arts festival & competition is the annual event held in prestigious concert venues across London. It's a three days programme comprised of a variety of events, including concerts, exhibitions, workshops and a competition itself as a central focus point. The event is attended by famous artists, celebrities and international performers.
"Stars of the Albion" is a unique multicultural project that joins musicians, dancers and artists from across the world and provides valuable opportunities for young emerging artists to showcase their talent as well as to enhance technical and performance skills, to establish and develop their career.
The project is organised by Musica Nova Productions Agency & Academy under the Patronage of the World Association of Performing Arts (WAPA) and is promoted by Stars of the Albion Ltd Foundation with support of the Russian Cultural Centre | Rossotrudnichestvo in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The 7th international performing arts festival & competition “Stars of the Albion” will be held on
28 February - 1 March 2020 in London.
It consists of two Rounds. The first one is based on video recordings (DVD/YouTube). The second Round is opened to the public. The final Gala Show and an Awards Ceremony are held at the Rudolf Steiner Theatre in Central London. 40 soloists and 15 ensembles/ groups will be selected to come to London to participate in the II round. We expect participants from Great Britain, USA, Canada, Israel, China, Malta, Spain, France, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Hungary, Philippines, India, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, Latvia, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Republic of Belarus and Algeria to participate in the competition.
Participation in this contest is open to artists from 6 years old with no age limit and is divided between age categories, with two options of participation as amateur or professional performers. All styles and genres can be presented for the competition programme.
The 2020 year marks the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day on which World War II in Europe ended. Valuable prizes will be awarded for the best artistic work or choreography on music by the 20th century composer dedicated to the war theme. Apart from that, a special prize will be allocated for the best performance of music by a Russian composer or for the best vocal performance in Russian language.
The adjudication panel is comprised of famous musicians, composers, producers and artists, international judges.
We are looking forward to welcome you to our events
& to extraordinary discoveries of the “Stars of the Albion” project!
Further information is available from www.starsofthealbion.org.uk
Diplomas & awards list:
· £2000 - Grand Prix. (500 GBP per each Category)
· I place – Golden trophy and Diploma.
· II place – Silver trophy and Diploma.
· III place – Bronze trophy and Diploma.
· £100 - A special prize for the best performance/composition on music by the 20th century Russian composer dedicated to the War theme.
· Concert prizes (performances throughout the year) are awarded to the Grand Prix winner and laureates of the 1st and 2nd places.
· SPECIAL STAR PRIZES:
Special Diplomas for the best dance/vocal number and choreography/ costume/ stage presence.
Special Diploma for the best artistic work and the best photography.
Special Diploma for the best documentary film.
· A “Young Future Talent of Stars of the Albion” Diploma for the youngest contestant.
· Diploma of appreciation to teachers and directors.
Terms of participation:
1. All works must be performed from the memory except the ensemble category.
2. The competitors (except pianists) may bring their own accompanists, and, if so, must mention it in the application form. Alternatively, the Org. Committee can provide accompanists.
3. Participants are allowed to participate in several nominations.
4. Selected participants will receive awards in accordance with all listed nominations and age categories.
5. The adjudicators reserve the right not to award 1-3 prizes to competitors if they consider that the level of participants is not suitable for awarding the prize.
6. The selected participants, winners of the contest will be invited to perform at the final Gala concert.
7. The Adjudicators’ decision is final.
1. Participants must provide quality instrumental accompaniment on CD/MD bearers or live accompaniment.
2. Every recording should be presented on a separate bearer with the indication of the piece title, name of the lyricist, composer as well as the name of the contestant or a group of contestants and duration of the piece.
3. It is not acceptable for singers to perform with the pre-recorded singing backing track.
4. The representatives of each country provide also a national flag (105 – 70 cm).
Based on the marks scored, each participant will be awarded diplomas & prizes.
Organisation committee: +44 (0)7832341745, +44 (0) 2078330502
Musica Nova Academy office
88 Cromer Street
London WC1H 8DG
Evgenia Terentieva - CEO
Evgenia Illova – administrator Tel: +44 (0) 7765845489
*Venues and time to be announced.
All concerts are public. If you would like to get complete information about future events please contact Musica Nova office.
Monday 6 January to Friday 3 April 2020
Monday 20 April to Tuesday 21 July 2020