“Discovering New Talents World” The Business Courier 2015
Dates: 1-3 March 2019
• Singing (classical, contemporary, folk)
• Instrumental playing (solo and ensemble)
• Dance (ballet, modern, historical dance, street-dance)
• Music theatre
• Fringe theatre
• One man show
• Performance in Fine Art
• Performance in Photography
Age category: Children from 6 y.o. & adults, no age limit.
Applications deadline: 30 December 2018 (international contestants)
23 January 2019 (national contestants)
“Stars of the Albion” international performing arts festival & competition is the annual event which joins young extraordinary talented musicians and dancers from across the world. The project forms a unique bridge connecting different cultures and in particular of Russia and Great Britain. It aims to provide valuable opportunities for young emerging artists to perform, learn, communicate and develop.
The project is organised and promoted by Musica Nova, the International Academy of Music, a unique bilingual establishment in the UK that combines the best of British and Russian principles of teaching. It is held under the Patronage of the World Association of Performing Arts (WAPA) and is supported by the Mission of Rossotrudnichestvo and Embassy of Russian Federation in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The 6th international performing arts festival & competition “Stars of the Albion. Maslenitsa” will be held on 16 - 18 February 2018 in London. It consists of two Rounds. The first one is based on video recordings (DVD/YouTube). The second Round is opened to the public and is held at the concert hall of Mission of Rossotrudnichestvo in the UK, at the Musica Nova Academy and at the Rudolf Steiner Theatre in Central London. 40 soloists and 15 ensembles/ groups will be selected to come to London to participate in the II round. We expect participants from Great Britain, Russia, Bulgaria, Malta, Latvia, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Portugal, Spain, Greece and Germany to participate in the competition.
Participation in this contest is open to artists from 6 years old with no age limit and is divided between age categories, with two options of participation as amateur or professional performers. All styles and genres can be presented for the competition programme.
This year the event will be held during one of the major Russian traditional festival’s called “Maslenitsa”. A valuable prize has been allocated for the best performance of music by a Russian composer and for the best vocal performance in Russian language.
The adjudication panel is comprised of famous musicians, composers, producers and artists, international judges.
We are looking forward to welcome you to our events
& to extraordinary discoveries of the “Stars of the Albion” project!
Further information is available from www.starsofthealbion.org.uk
Diplomas & awards list:
· £500 - Grand Prix.
· I place – Golden trophy and cash prize of £70.
· II place – Silver trophy.
· III place – Bronze trophy.
· £100 - A special prize for the best performance/composition on music by a Russian composer.
· Concert prizes (performances throughout the year) are awarded to the Grand Prix winner and laureates of the 1st and 2nd places.
· “Maslenitsa Performance Prize” nominated by Ensemble Productions to take part in the Gala concert pf the “Maslenitsa” International Festival of Russian Culture in London.
· Special prizes for the best dance/vocal number or choreography/ costume/ stage presence.
· A “Young Future Talent of Stars of the Albion” Diploma for the youngest contestant.
· Diploma of appreciation to teachers and directors.
Terms of participation:
1. All works must be performed from the memory except the ensemble category.
2. The competitors (except pianists) may bring their own accompanists, and, if so, must mention it in the application form. Alternatively, the Org. Committee can provide accompanists.
3. Participants are allowed to participate in several nominations.
4. Selected participants will receive awards in accordance with all listed nominations and age categories.
5. The adjudicators reserve the right not to award 1-3 prizes to competitors if they consider that the level of participants is not suitable for awarding the prize.
6. The selected participants, winners of the contest will be invited to perform at the final Gala concert.
7. The Adjudicators’ decision is final.
1. Participants must provide quality instrumental accompaniment on CD/MD bearers or live accompaniment.
2. Every recording should be presented on a separate bearer with the indication of the piece title, name of the lyricist, composer as well as the name of the contestant or a group of contestants and duration of the piece.
3. It is not acceptable for singers to perform with the pre-recorded singing backing track.
4. The representatives of each country provide also a national flag (105 – 70 cm).
Based on the marks scored, each participant will be awarded diplomas & prizes.
Programme (venues and times may be changed):
3-5 January 2018 - 1st Round by
audio/video recordings (international participants)
24-25 January 2018 - 1st Round by audio/video recordings (national participants)
14 - 15 February 2018 - arrival of international participants.
Friday, 16 February 2018
18.30 - Meeting
with participants, running order draw.
19.30 - Opening night and concert of laureates of “Stars of the Albion” 2013 – 2016. Address of the venue: 37 Kensington High Street, London W8 5ED.
Saturday, 17 February 2018, 11.00-18.00 1st day of the 2nd Round of the competition (music | dance), master classes & excursion (optional), free time, cultural programme. Address of the venue: 37 Kensington High Street, London W8 5ED.
Sunday, 18 February 2018, 11.00–14.00 2nd day of the 2nd Round of the competition (music | dance), excursions (optional). In the evening - awards ceremony and the Gala concert with participation of winners and celebrity guest artists. Venue: Rudolf Steiner House and Theatre, 35 Park Road, London NW1 6XT
Monday, 19 February 2018 - departure.
Organisation committee: +44 (0)7832341745, +44 (0) 2078330502
Musica Nova Academy office
88 Cromer Street London WC1H 8DG
Evgenia Terentieva - CEO
Elena Benyi – administrator Tel: 07765845489
Ekaterina Chenyakova – coordinator, secretary Tel: 07401771940
Lolita Eppey – travel, accommodation Tel: 07748338645